Tuesday, May 31, 2011

School's Out for Summer!!

Well the month of May certainly has been another eventful month for us!

The beginning of May was the end of my maternity leave and I returned to work and back to teaching my 2nd graders. All along knowing that it was a short return as school would be out in 4 weeks! I felt a little rusty at first, remembering the routine I had worked to build for months but soon everything became normal again.

Jeremiah, being the new fire chief of the Whitehall Fire Department had the undertaking of making sure the annual Fireman's Dance went smoothly. It was a good night and the band, The Dweeb's were excellent as usual.
Max had a big weekend on May 21st when we had his baptism and family gathering at our house. Max being the good baby he is...did just find during the church service. He was wide awake and looking around and didn't even flinch when the pastor poured the holy water on his head!







Memorial Day weekend we took our boat out for the first time this "summer" and the kids had a blast fishing and playing in the sand on the cove where we park our boat and hang out with the other "river people"! I forgot how hot those sandbars get!! Mason and McKenna had fun fishing, while Max and I lounged on the beach. I think Max liked our boating trip...well even if he didn't he'll have to get used to it since that is what most of our weekends consist of!






Since Mason provides us with an abundance of entertainment I thought that I would share with you some of his latest philosophies

1. A conversation between McKenna and Aunt Jen about beer. Jen told McKenna that she couldn't go with her to a friend's house because they were going to be drinking beer. McKenna then told Jen that beer is bad for you...Mason then pipes up from across the room "Beer's not bad for Moss!" (Moss is our neighbor)

2. Mason was showing our neighbors how he can suck on his toes...I know gross!.. but as he was talking with Julie, the topic of conversation moved on but Mason thought we were still talking about how he and McKenna can get their toes up to their mouths when Moss's name was brought up again. And again Mason exclaim "He dos that too!...(meaning Moss can get his toes to his mouth) He of can't of course but Mason was pretty excited for a few minutes!

3. Mason asks everyday if he has to go to Lindsay's (our awesome and wonderful daycare provider) and I say no because "Mom is off from work". His reply is then "I am off from Lindsay's?" I say yes...like is it so much work to go to Lindsay's everyday!

I hope to have a relaxing summer, but I have been on official summer vacation for three days and have been back into school every day! I am working with another teacher and friend from school putting together a presentation on technology for other area teachers. We have about 80 teachers and paraprofessionals signed up! I hope our workshop can meet their expectations as I am excited to share with them all the cool things you can do in your classroom with cool free tech tools!
I also am moving my classroom again (this will be my 3rd move in 4 years!) I will be teaching 3rd grade next year and need to move two doors down the hallway. Another exciting adventure...what can I say I like chaos and challenges in my life and needless to say I think I have as much as I can handle this summer.

Here's to a relaxing summer vacation!


No comments:

Post a Comment